If you are trying to increase your Vitamin B12
consumption from foods, look to animal sources. It is important to note, especially if you are a vegetarian, that plant products typically don’t contain Vitamin B12
, unless it is an added ingredient.
Here is a select list of foods sources of Vitamin B12:
• Clams & liver are great sources and rich in Vitamin B12
• Breakfast cereals fortified with Vitamin B12 (be sure to read the label)
• Fish: Herring, mackerel, sockeye salmon, sardines, tuna, trout, others
• Meat: Turkey, beef, chicken, ham (cured)
• Milk, yogurt, cheese, and eggs
Be sure to look at reputable websites for more information about the serving sizes and other foods rich in Vitamin B12.